Introducing our new eco-friendly labels
If you've been following Go Native for a while, you'll know we're always looking for ways to reduce our impact on our increasingly fragile planet. We've got to the point now where almost all of our packaging is either recyclable or home-compostable, so we wanted to ensure our labels were recyclable too. We were stoked to discover some that are not only recyclable, but made from waste material in the first place, right here in New Zealand.
Our new labels are:
- Made from ground-down waste stone and offcuts used in the building industry, containing no wood fibre.
- Recyclable and photo-degradable* (which means they break down when exposed to light)
- Low in carbon emissions
- Produced using significantly less energy that wood fibre paper
- Generates no waste in its manufacture (water borne, air borne or solid)
- Naturally white, requiring no water, acid, base or bleach to produce
- Compostable if you can provide enough heat (so probably not home-compostable...but it's rock so that makes sense!)
* They're not bio-degradable, as rock doesn't attract insects or organisms to consume it.
As always, we'd love to hear what you think!