Clarifying cream cleanser
For this clarifying cleanser we wanted to use ingredients that have all the anti-properties! Antiseptic, antimicrobial, antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory, as well as astringent and healing properties.
So we have used tamanu oil and copaiba resin oil as they are both said to help reduce the appearance of acne and speed up healing, teatree hydrosol and essential oil to deep clean pores and alpha-bisabolol to soothe irritated skin.
Makes 200g - use our Batch Size Calculator and the percentages provided here to easily adjust the volume of your batch.
102g | 51% Water
60g | 30% Teatree hydrosol
0.40g | 0.4% Sodium phytate
10g | 5% Glycerin
0.60g | 0.3% Xanthan gum
3g | 1.5% Stearic acid
10g | 5% Emulsifier O
4g | 2% Tamanu oil
2g | 1% Copaiba resin oil
2g | 1% Geogard 221 (preservative)
0.4g | 0.8% Teatree essential oil
4g | 8% Alpha-bisabolol
1.6g | 0.8% Vitamin E
- Measure out Phase A.
- Combine Phase B to form a slurry.
- Add to Phase A and stir through until a homogenous gel forms.
- Heat phase A/B to 80⁰C while stirring.
- Combine phase C. Add to HOT phase A/B and blend with a stick blender until waxes melt and a glossy, homogenous emulsion forms.
- Allow mixture to cool while stirring occasionally until <40⁰C.
- Add phase D and stir through until homogenous.
- Tare an empty jug or pot on scales and put your finished cream into it. It will have lost water weigh, add more water to bring it up to final weight. In this case 200g. Then blend/stir again.
- Allow to cool <25⁰C. Check/adjust final pH to 5.3 - 5.8. Full viscosity will be achieved the next day, do not evaluate on the day you make it. Cover and allow to set overnight and give a final stir the next day before packing off.
- Massage onto damp skin and polish with a warm muslin face cloth or flannel.
- You can replace the teatree hydrosol with another hydrosol or more water.
- You can replace the teatree essential oil with another antiseptic essential oil (such as manuka, kanuka, fenugreek, lavender) or leave it unfragranced if you wish.
- Keep in mind changes can affect the colour, smell, feel and/or viscosity of the finished product.
Follow us on Instagram or Facebook for more recipes, news and specials!