Sodium phytate - powder

NZ $12.00

02282

Raw Materials

Description

Sodium phytate - powder

INCI

Sodium phytate

Certification

Conventional

Appearance

White hygroscopic powder

Purity

90.25% (remaining 9.75% water)

Origin

China

Solubility

Water

Usage rate

0.05 - 0.5%

pH range

8 - 10.5

Vegan

Yes

Palm oil

No

Animal tested

No


Sodium phytate is the sodium salt of phytic acid, a saturated cyclic acid. Phytic acid is found abundantly in plant tissues, particularly bran and seeds, where it acts as the principal storage form of phosphorus.

Sodium phytate is an all-natural chelating agent that can be used as a natural alternative to EDTA in cosmetic products. It helps to prevent undesirable metal-catalyzed reactions, thereby stabilising cosmetic products. It may help with discolouration and rancidity caused by metals present in formulations and works synergistically with other antioxidants.

In addition to its chelating properties it has other skin benefits such as moisturising, helping to balance oily skin, improve skin elasticity and reduce pore size.


All our products are for external use only.

 

Questions?

In order to assist us in reducing spam, please type the characters you see: