certified organic, BioGro
cold pressed, virgin
Colour: Pale yellow
Evening primrose oil is pressed from the seeds of the evening primrose plant. The yellow flowers only open in the evening, hence their common name. Evening primrose is a common wildflower found in North America, Europe, and parts of Asia.
This plant was used by Native Americans and early settlers as a nutritional support and to treat against conditions such as sore throats, stomach aches, hemorrhoids, and bruises.
Evening primrose has also been used medicinally in Europe since the 17th century.
EPO is a dry oil and is absorbed rapidly so it's a good oil for the face. It's not long and smooth enough for a massage oil unless blended with another oil.
All our products are for external use.
• Signs of ageing
• Nourishing the scalp, hair, and nails
• Skin ulcers
Recipe Light EPO cream
26g EPO oil
10g emulsifier O
2g Geogard 221
few drops essential oil
1. Heat Water Phase until 65°C.
2. Heat Oil Phase until melted, then cool to 65°C.
3. Combine the two phases and blend intermittently with a stick blender until thick.
4. Add Last Phase and blend in.
5. Spoon into pots.