Gentle gel cleanser
This lovely gentle cleanser is enriched with botanical extracts and is very simple to make. Gel cleansers are good for most skin types including; oily skin, sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, and combination skin. They can help to eliminate oils and excess dirt on the surface of the skin and unclog pores which helps to prevent acne causing bacteria.
Gentle gel cleanser recipe
Makes 100g - use our Batch Size Calculator and the percentages provided here to easily adjust the volume of your batch.
83g | 83% Distilled water
5g | 5% Glycerite extract of your choice: Blueberry, Cranberry, Cucumber, Papaya, Rosehip, Watermelon, Yucca
5g | 5% Glycerin
1g | 1% Carrageenan gum powder
5g | 5% Cocoglucoside
1g | 1% Geogard ECT
- Make sure all your equipment is clean and disinfected
- Weigh the phase A into a beaker
- In a separate beaker weigh the Phase B ingredients
- Stir until the carrageenan gum is well dispersed
- Slowly add Phase B to Phase A whilst stirring. It will gradually thicken up and you stir.
- Once Phase B is well dispersed in Phase A you can add Phase C
- Stir in slowly to avoid the cocoglucoside foaming
- Check/adjust pH to 5 - 5.5 See our pH testing - why & how we do it blog post for more info.
- Once your pH is accurate add Phase D and re-check the pH
You can store this in a pot or pour it into a bottle to use with a lotion pump.
Apply to a damp face and work into a slight lather. Rinse off continue your usual skincare routine.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, news and specials!