Hemp oil cream
This lovely gentle cream has a light green hint to it, thanks to the hemp seed oil (this one is made with NZ hemp seed oil
). Hemp oil can help balance oil production and is said to help skin cells regenerate. It is calming on skin suffering from irritations such as acne and eczema.
Makes 200g - use our Batch Size Calculator
and the percentages provided here to easily adjust the volume of your batch.
142g | 71% water
10g | 5% aloe vera juice
(see below "How to make aloe vera juice")
22g | 11% Hemp seed oil (organic
14g | 7% Emulsifier O
8g | 4% Shea butter, certified organic, unrefined
3g | 1.5% Geogard 221
1g | 0.5% essential oil
of your choice (optional)
Tip: Pre-measure your Last Phase ingredients into a beaker or dish so that it's ready to go.
- In separate pots heat both Water Phase and Oil Phase to 65°C. (Make sure the emulsifier in the Oil Phase is completely melted, Oil Phase may heat faster and need to be taken off the heat to cool to 65°C while Water Phase catches up.)
- When both are at 65°C pour Oil Phase into Water Phase and blend with stick blender until thick.
- Let cool to 40°C then add Last Phase and blend again.
- Tare an empty jug or pot on scales and put your finished cream into it. It will have lost water weigh, add more water to bring it up to final weigh. In this case 200g. Then blend again.
- Spoon into jar/jars.
- Massage into skin and allow a minute or so to absorb.
- You can substitute the aloe vera juice for more water OR you can substitute some of the water for more aloe juice.
- You can substitute the hemp oil and/or shea butter for other carrier oils/butters, though this can change the final colour and/or feel of the finished product.