This is beautifully thick and creamy thanks to the cocoa butter. A gentle rose scent makes it dreamy to apply while hydrolyzed wheat protein help moisturise and protect skin.
Makes 200g - use our Batch Size Calculator
and the percentages provided here to easily adjust the volume of your batch.
105.5g | 52.75% Rose hydrosol
8g | 4% Glycerin, certified organic
32g | 16% Camellia oil, certified organic
26g | 13% Emulsifier NF
20g | 10% Cocoa butter, deodorised, certified organic
4g | 2% Hydrolysed wheat protein
2g | 1% Geogard 221
2g | 1% Calendula extract
0.5g | 0.25% Rose fragrance oil
Tip: Pre-measure your Last Phase ingredients into a beaker or dish so that it's ready to go.
- In separate pots heat both Water Phase and Oil Phase to 65°C. (Make sure the emulsifier in the Oil Phase is completely melted, Oil Phase may heat faster and need to be taken off the heat to cool to 65°C while Water Phase catches up.)
- When both are at 65°C pour Oil Phase into Water Phase and blend with stick blender until thick.
- Let cool to 40°C then add Last Phase and blend again.
- Tare an empty jug or pot on scales and put your finished cream into it. It will have lost water weigh, add more water to bring it up to final weigh. In this case 200g. Then blend again.
- Spoon into jar/jars.
- Apply to skin as the final part of your skincare routine (though before sunscreen for daytime use)
- Massage in and allow a minute or two to absorb
- Rose hydrosol can be replaced by water or another hydrosol of your choice
- Camellia oil can be replaced with another carrier oil, or multiple oils, as long as it stays at 16% of the whole formula.
- Cocoa butter can be replaced with a different butter, or carrier oil, keep in mind this can change the viscosity and feel of the final product.
- Any other essential or fragrance oil can be substituted or it can be left unfragranced.
Follow us on Instagram
for more recipes, news and specials!